The Supra eKEY app must be authorized before it can be used. Existing keyholders can obtain an authorization code from SupraWEB, Mobile SupraWEB, or from your association/MLS Supra system administrator. New keyholders obtain an authorizaton code from your association/MLS Supra system administrator.
There may be a limit to the number of authorization codes that can be obtained each week. If you reach your weekly limit of authorization codes, please check with your association/MLS.
Obtain an authorization code from Mobile SupraWEB:
1. On your smartphone, navigate to supraweb.suprakim.com. If the eKEY app is installed, you may also select the SupraWEB icon.
2. Enter your key serial number, PIN, and select your association/MLS from the dropdown list.
3. Select Login.
4. Select Authorization Code. The authorization code is emailed to your email address on file with your association/MLS.
Obtain an authorization code from SupraWEB:
2. Select Login to SupraWEB.
3. Login to SupraWEB. First-time login requires registering and setting up a user ID and password, entering your key serial number, PIN, and selecting your association/MLS.
4. Select Authorization Code. The authorization code is displayed and is also emailed to your email address on file with your association/MLS.
Authorize eKEY App:
The easiest way to enter the authorization code into the eKEY app is to open the email on your smartphone and click on link. This opens the eKEY app and automatically enters the authorization code for you. Otherwise you can manually enter the authorization code.
Tip! The authorizaton code for the current eKEY app is a 10-digit alphanumeric code containing the letters A through Z and the numbers 2 through 7. If the character looks like an O, it is the letter O and not a zero, and if it looks like an I, it is the letter I and not the number 1.
1. Open the eKEY application.
2. Tap Activate eKEY.
3. Enter the authorization code.